Young People of Achievement Awards
Selected youth will be celebrated with the following award package:
- Cash award
- Public recognition during the Women of Achievement & Youth Awards Week in early November 2022.
- Up to 2 hours of free financial and career consultation—courtesy of the YWCA Women’s Economic Empowerment. This can include assistance with college or scholarship applications, resume or cover letter writing, interview skills, budgeting, saving, understanding debt and credit, or career planning.
The nominee must:
- Be 16-18 years of age
- Live in the state of Alaska
- Have faced one or more major obstacles in their life
- Have made efforts to fulfilling the YWCA’s mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
No longer accepting nomination for 2022
How to Apply
Step 1: Gather application information
- One letter of recommendation from an adult willing to be a reference (this can include a letter from past or current employers, school staff, program staff, clergy, or any others in the community that you feel are applicable).You may use the Young People of Achievement Letter of Recommendation form or include the recommendation as a separate document.
On the application form below you'll be asked to write:
- A short biography. Please be sure to include your volunteer experience, interests, and hobbies.
- A short essay: What obstacle(s) in your life has been the most challenging, and how did you overcome it/them?
- A short essay: What have you personally done towards fulfilling one or more components of the mission of the YWCA, which is to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all?
Once you have all of the above, you're ready to fill out the application below!
"*" indicates required fields