Young People of Achievement Awards
Recognizing Alaskan youth who have overcome major obstacles in their lives, and who have made efforts to eliminate racism, empower others and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Women of Achievement & Youth Awards Luncheon
Tuesday, December 12, 2023, Noon - 1:00 p.m. (doors at 11:30 a.m.), Marriott Anchorage Downtown, Tickets $50 per person
Held annually, the Women of Achievement & Youth Awards Luncheon acknowledges outstanding women and youth whose leadership, service and commitment to YWCA Alaska’s mission to “empower women, eliminate racism, and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all” lifts our communities and strengthens our great state.
2023 Young People of Achievement
2022 Young People of Achievement Awardees
About This Award
Nominations for 2023 are now closed. Please check back in spring 2024 for updated application details.
Selected youth will be celebrated with the following award package:
- $2,000 scholarship from Alaska 529
- Public recognition during the Women of Achievement & Youth Awards event held in November or December
- Additional organizational recognition on website and social media (slate of awardees)
The nominee must:
- Be 16-18 years of age
- Live in the state of Alaska
- Have faced one or more major obstacles in their life
- Have made efforts towards fulfilling the YWCA’s mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
How To Apply
Step 1: Gather Application Information
- One letter of recommendation from an adult willing to be a reference. This can include a letter from past or current employers, school staff, program staff, clergy, or any others in the community that you feel are applicable. You may use the Young People of Achievement Letter of Recommendation form or include the recommendation as a separate document.
On the application form below you'll be asked to write:
- A short biography: Please be sure to include your volunteer experience, interests, and hobbies.
- A short essay: What obstacle(s) in your life has been the most challenging, and how did you overcome it/them?
- A short essay: What have you personally done towards fulfilling one or more components of the mission of YWCA Alaska, which is to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all?
Once you have all of the above, you're ready to fill out the application!
"*" indicates required fields
Step 3: Submit or Send
After completing the online application, press SUBMIT to finish.
If printing a paper application, be sure to send/deliver the application and any required materials by the stated deadline.