Women’s Economic Empowerment
YWCA Alaska Economic Empowerment Program
Our mission supports building an economy that works for all Alaskans; acts as a catalyst for systemic change; to dismantle systems that contribute to the perpetuation of poverty, homelessness, and inequality.
Photo by Marcus Aurelius from Pexels
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Sites 2023
***One important tax issue for every Alaskan is how this year’s PFD affects your return, or your child’s return. Get educated about form 8814 (for the parent claiming the child’s PFD on their return) or the 8615 (kiddie tax form that must be filed with most children’s returns)****
Click to view PDF of AARP Foundation Tax- Aide Sites 2023
January Messages from SPEC Headquarters:
- Tax filing season kickoff for 2023: IRS kicked off the 2023 tax filing season with a focus on improving service and a reminder to taxpayers to file electronically with direct deposit to speed refunds and avoid delays.
- Tax withholding: IRS reminds taxpayers who earn wages to use the Tax Withholding Estimator now to adjust their 2023 withholding.
- IRS Free File: IRS’ Free File Guided Tax Preparation service is live and ready for taxpayers to use.
- Outreach Connection | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov) Use Outreach Connection if you need to share information with your staff or clients.
Below you will find the links and further information on the financial tips discussed on YWCA Alaska social media.
What we do
We provide education to assist people in their efforts to gain control in their own lives through increasing their income and living standards. We foster engagement to build community and a shift in our social conscious towards compassion and respect to bridge the socio-economic divide.
- Financial literacy education and work-readiness skill building
- Workshops with community partners such as the Anchorage Public Library and Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- Equip people with basic budgeting skills
- Coach people to develop informed financial goals
- Provide wealth development opportunities and assist people to address financial emergencies
Assist with resume writing, mock interviews, and other work-readiness skills.