Women’s Economic Empowerment
YWCA Alaska Economic Empowerment Program
Our mission supports building an economy that works for all Alaskans; acts as a catalyst for systemic change; to dismantle systems that contribute to the perpetuation of poverty, homelessness, and inequality.
Photo by Marcus Aurelius from Pexels
YWCA seeks to equip Alaskan women with the skills to successfully run their own businesses. We are ready to start breaking barriers and building businesses.
WE360 provides education, mentoring, coaching, and access to a nationwide network of entrepreneurs.
Virtual information sessions are hosted weekly on Wednesday 6-7 pm and Fridays 2-3 pm.
Whether you are seeking to launch a new business or gain the skills and tools to enhance a current business, WE360 is right for you. This comprehensive curriculum is foundational best practices for a successful and thriving business.
WE360 is virtual, therefore Alaskans from across the state are invited to participate.
Sign-up to learn more about WE360
What we do
We provide education to assist people in their efforts to gain control in their own lives through increasing their income and living standards. We foster engagement to build community and a shift in our social conscious towards compassion and respect to bridge the socio-economic divide.
- Financial literacy education and work-readiness skill building
- Workshops with community partners such as the Anchorage Public Library and Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- Equip people with basic budgeting skills
- Coach people to develop informed financial goals
- Provide wealth development opportunities and assist people to address financial emergencies
Assist with resume writing, mock interviews, and other work-readiness skills.