Women’s Economic Empowerment
YWCA Alaska Economic Empowerment Program
Our mission supports building an economy that works for all Alaskans; acts as a catalyst for systemic change; to dismantle systems that contribute to the perpetuation of poverty, homelessness, and inequality.
Photo by Marcus Aurelius from Pexels
What we do
We provide education to assist people in their efforts to gain control in their own lives through increasing their income and living standards. We foster engagement to build community and a shift in our social conscious towards compassion and respect to bridge the socio-economic divide.
- Financial literacy education and work-readiness skill building
- Workshops with community partners such as the Anchorage Public Library and Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- Equip people with basic budgeting skills
- Coach people to develop informed financial goals
- Provide wealth development opportunities and assist people to address financial emergencies
Assist with resume writing, mock interviews, and other work-readiness skills.