Women of Achievement
Women of Achievement and Youth Awards
This event is held annually and acknowledges the exceptional leadership of women and youth in Alaska. Ten women and five youth are selected each year based on their demonstrated leadership professionally and/or personally, and their service to the community which aligns with the mission of our association, to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
YWCA Alaska is committed to encouraging and inspiring women of all ages to strive for their own success and create positive impact in in the community.
Nominate a Candidate
This competitive award recognizes and celebrates women leaders in Alaska. We need your help to identify these amazing leaders!
The 2022 YWCA Alaska Women of Achievement Awards will recognize and honor ten (10) women who have demonstrated qualities of leadership and excellence in their professional and personal endeavors, while embodying YWCA Alaska’s mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.
Nominations must be received by _________.
- How her activities and accomplishments tie into YWCA Alaska’s mission of eliminating racism and empowering women
- Her involvement and commitment to her community and Alaska as a whole
- Her personal impact on others and Alaska’s community at large
- Her leadership, mentorship, and efforts to help advance others
- Her accomplishments within her profession, industry, field and/or area of interest
There are several award programs that recognize women in business and our community that have earned professional achievements or have made valuable contributions to the community. While this award also honors women that meet these criteria, the most important criteria for this award is that the awardee embodies YWCA Alaska’s mission.
Please note, we are unable to accept applications for individuals seeking political office or those currently in office.